LED stands for Light Emitting Diode and they are up to 80% more efficient than incandescent light bulbs. Changing over to LED bulbs in your home or business should save you money every month on your energy bill. LED "lamps" (bulbs) stay cool to the touch and don't emit the heat normally found in incandescent or fluorescent bulbs, which makes them safer. They also do not use mercury vapor like compact fluorescents. LED's cost more up front, but they also last much longer than "standard" bulbs and are better for the environment when it comes to disposal.
Traditionally, light bulbs have been measured by watts, which is the power used by a device. When it comes to bulbs, a higher wattage means a brighter bulb. With newer technologies, however, light bulbs, as well as many other types of devices, have been made to be exponentially more efficient with their power usage, and this has led to most modern light bulbs to be measured by their light output measurement - which is lumens - rather than their wattage. The higher the lumens, the more light you will get from a bulb. To keep it simple, most light bulb packaging lists the conversion from watts to lumens.
A Kelvin is the temperature of color and the scale ranges from 1,000 to 10,000. Residential lighting is usually between 2700K and 4000K; so in terms of color, 2700K would be more yellow (on the lower end of the scale) and 5000 would be more blue, which is on the higher end of the scale. The lower the number, the warmer the temperature. Imagine walking into an operating room, the light is bright and crisp, and usually cool white/blue. Those lights are likely 6000K or higher. You probably don't want that in your living room or in your bedroom. If you are thinking "cozy and inviting" you want 2700K-3000K.
A "Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter" outlet is a type of device that is required in kitchens, bathroom, basements, outdoors or anywhere water could be an issue. The reason for this is that a GFCI (or GFI) outlet is a fast-acting device that can sense a change in the current and react quickly to trip the circuit and prevent an electrical shock.
This is when a single breaker in the electrical panel controls one electrical outlet or appliance and nothing else utilizes power from this circuit. Some items, such as electric ranges (stoves) are required by the National Electrical Code to be on their own, standalone circuit.
Additionally, if you have an older home with outlets added over the years, it's not uncommon to have a random outlet or two on its own circuit. Many homes will also have a microwave on a dedicated circuit.
This is a common question and the short answer is there is no one answer. Troubleshooting is required to determine if there is a problem with the circuit itself or the breaker. Breakers do wear out and like everything, they have a lifespan. If the breaker is failing, we can replace it. If the issue is a short somewhere on the circuit, we can diagnose and repair the problem. The circuit itself could also be overloaded. Space heaters and other high amp draw items that are all running at once will overload the circuit and cause the breaker to trip. This is exactly what should happen to prevent a fire hazard. We can split out circuits for you and make sure everything in your home that uses electricity is doing so safely and to code.